Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Expert Help: Danielle Kazemi

Part of making things happen is to ask people who have already achieved the goal you want how they did it. Danielle Kazemi, author of  the Dragon's Fire novellas and much more! gave me some amazing answers and said I could share them all with you!

How do you market your book? Social media, paid ads, etc.?
I use Facebook - a lot. There are tons of groups on there specifically for ebooks that people belong to. Most of the people who run them are super nice and are always looking for something to tell their fans. I tried once with paid ads but they weren't worth it for me. Goodreads and other social media sites are also great for connecting with readers. A good hint: don't go in like a salesman. Go in like a friend. People are more inclined to read what you wrote after they get to know you.
Best advice and this comes from other, better selling authors - write a series and make the first one free. I did it and I went from selling about 6 books a month to averaging over 400.


What marketing technique did you use that didn’t work?
Paid ads would be one. Not looking at who visits a blog or website would be another series crime I committed. Most blogs and groups at some point show little icons about who follows it. If you're marketing for YA like me, make sure there are more teenagers following than adults.


How long did it take you to start making consistent sales?
Once I made the first one free - overnight. But at that point, I had nine out for the series to really take off. It took me a while to realize that was the best thing I could do. People like getting things for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment