Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Promo Day Help

So I asked Kindle authors for info on why my promo didn't work out and I think the response was really good!

I think genre is our biggest challenge as indies.
I can't tell what genre your book is. By the blurb, I guess it's either horror or suspense, maybe thriller? The cover looks literary, though.
When the promo blogs look at your book and consider it, they give it about a millisecond. If they don't instantly understand what the heck the book is, they move on to the next one. It's a "Blink" thing.
Great advice. So things I need to work on:
  • Pick a genre: Right now it is a thriller/horror/suspense and I've listed it as such. But, that's not really a genre. That's like a smoothie of genres. I need to pick one.
  • Fix my blurb: Blurbs are my low point. I have so much trouble coming up with one. I need help with this.
  • Cover? (But I like my covers...not sure about that one.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment